Is this you?…
Do you find it difficult to teach dance with your children? Don’t have a dance background? Need to modernise your dance knowledge?
JumpStart’s Dance INSET packages will help you fill in the gaps in your knowledge and build your confidence…even if you’ve never danced before!
We will arm you with an array of practical and instantly usable ideas that are accessible to boys, linked to curriculum topics and are fun, creative and relevant to today’s Primary School children.
Topics we explore on a training event include…
- What is dance? And what are movement objectives?
- What topics are suitable for primary-aged children and how to make them feel ‘current’ and relevant
- How to develop children’s physical literacy
- How to structure a dance class
- How to create a simple dance performance
- Advice on creating and developing choreography
- Warm up and cool down ideas
- Support and advice with choosing music
- Ideas for delivering an after-school dance club
Would you rather feel like Katheryn Trzcinski from The Merton Primary School, Syston who has been on JumpStart dance training events for the last 3 years…
Or how about Jo Campana from Church Hill Junior School in Thurmaston who loves our training events!
Feedback from JumpStart’s Dance Foundation Stage INSET event, held in conjunction with Team Charnwood:
Each delegate on a JumpStart Development Day will receive a FREE copy of a Dance Class in a Box resource, which contains…
- Full listings of up-to-dance and appropriate music that the children will love
- Written instructions for each dance, with specific dance techniques
- Warm ups and cools downs
- Choreographic tasks
- DVD of each dance, with a breakdown of each movement (Key Stage 2)
Create your own bespoke package today – Dance INSET events are available for full days, half days and twilight sessions.
Call JumpStart on 07738042089 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We think it’s important that the topics we feature in our dance training complement the Primary School curriculum. Our sessions are relevant to today’s children and feel ‘current’, whilst helping children to explore their classroom topics hands-on.
Our INSET events can include any of the following…
- All About Me
- Julia Donaldson
Key Stage 1
- People Who Help Us
- Traditional Tales
- The Toy Box
Key Stage 2
- Extreme Earth
- Cultural Dance
- Ballroom Dance
- History: Ancient Egyptians, Romans, Victorians, WW2