Jump inside some of children's most loved stories from the comfort of your own home!
Our Barefoot Yarns are a selection of FOUR dance classes based on some of children’s favourite books.
Join our dance adventures to…
- Battle with Knights and Dragons
- Discover how to Rock n Roll and do the Scottish Reel
- Learn some simple Makaton signs
- Perform an Elf Ballet
- Build body confidence
- Ignite a passion for books through movement
Plus…create your own movement ideas and make up your own dances!
There’s well over 3 hours of dance content – simply play the videos for your child to dance along to.
What will children learn?
- Choreography skills: how to develop movement from different starting points (including props), how to improvise, how to create simple dances
- Character work: how to use different dynamics to create a range of story characters. how to use different expressions and emotions to tell a narrative
- Rhythm: move in time to the beat of the music, move in counts of 8
- Dance specific: create shapes, action and movement relating to the topics
- Physical skills: balance on tiptoes / one leg, develop core strength, work on simple movement skills such as jumping, hopping, tiptoeing
- Improve the vestibular system and practice crossing the mid-line
Craft activities included!
Our Barefoot Yarns also include FOUR craft activities – one linked to each story to extend children’s learning and keep them busy!
You can create…
- a spiralling Superworm
- a boot that ties up
- a giraffe finger puppet
- a dragon headpiece you can dance in
These craft projects are simple to create from household items and have easy-to-follow video instructions. There’s also a PDF template and printable instructions included.
Our Barefoot Yarns include the following stories…
Go on an adventure with Knights and Dragons!
Get down in the ground for a wiggle and a squirm.
Learn some ballet moves to develop your Elf character.
Join in the jungle dance with Gerald and his friends!