Youth Dance Company
JumpStart believe in the power of creativity and the benefits of contemporary dance to…
- Enable children to express themselves
- Promote relaxation
- Support wellbeing
- Build confidence
- Allow children to be in the moment
- Build strength, mobility and flexibility
- Enable children to be independent free thinkers
Our classes are organised according to age and all children have the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification. The Youth Company meets on a Monday night at Birstall Village Hall – see below for more information about our different classes.
JumpStart Company is our class for younger children, based on creative movement and dance.
- For 5-10 year olds
- Mondays 5.30-6.30pm
- Learn fun dances
- Create your own moves
- Have fun!
- Gain the Arts Award (5-7 years Discover or 7-10 years Explore level)
Dance Leaders is our class for older children, focusing on Contemporary technique and choreography.
- For 10-14 year olds
- Mondays 6.30 – 7.30
- Learn contemporary dance technique
- Develop choreography skills
- Learn dance leadership
- Gain the Dance Leaders qualification (for 12 year olds+)